- About the School
The School of Law, Nanjing University initiated from the Law School of National Central University, which was established in 1928. Law is one of the priority disciplines in Nanjing University. Due to its commitment on facilitating Juristic education and research, the school has cultivated many talents in law field, which has been well known nationally and internationally. There are 69 faculty members, including 30 professors, 27 associate professors and 12 researchers. It has 14 research institutions (e.g., the Sino-Deutsch Law Research Institute, the Chinese Law Case Research Center, and Economic Law Research Institute, etc.) and a post-doctoral research station. Due to the efforts of its students and faculty, School of Law, Nanjing University was evaluated as class A on the disciplines ranking of Chinese Ministry of Education. The school attaches great importance to international exchange and cooperation. It has established sustained and close relationships in the fields of talents training and academic exchange with dozens of colleges and universities from the United States, Britain, Germany, France, Japan, Australia, and the Taiwan region.
- Description of Openings
The School of Law plans to recruit young scholars who aspire to have a career in the field of Jurisprudence. The application is open to scholars from all over the world. There are vacancies for three (maximum) tenure-track assistant professor this year. Higher positions for particularly outstanding scholars are available and application will be considered individually. Specific fields of research open for recruitment are:
(2) Legal History
(3) Constitutional and administrative Law
(4) Criminal Law
(5) Civil and commercial Law
(6) Procedural Law
(7) Economic Law
(8) Environment and Resources Protection Law
(9) International Law
- Conditions for Application
(1) Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, and have a passion for teaching and research;
(2) Abide by the ethics of teachers, uphold academic integrity, be willing to work diligently, and have no criminal record or record in breaching the ethics of teachers and/or academic integrity;
(3) Have a first-rate background in academic training—specifically, a PhD in relevant disciplines, experience in studying and/or working at first-rate teaching and research institutions, and knowledge of the latest international trends and development in the relevant research field(s);
(4) Have outstanding teaching abilities—the applicant should be able to teach core and frontline courses in the corresponding discipline, and have sound teaching methodology and strong verbal skills;
(5) Demonstrate outstanding research output and potential—the applicant should have publications in his/her field of research, original ideas about relevant fields of research, a clear vision about future research plans, and good potential for further academic development.
- Application Materials Required
(1) A letter of application (please specify the field of research and position applied for)
(2) A detailed CV (please include a list of publications)
(3) An introduction of your research results and their innovative significance
(4) A plan for research and its prospects
(5) Three reference letters
(6) An account of experience in teaching.
- Working at Nanjing University
A successful applicant will be provided with:
(1) An annual salary (to be worked out individually)
(2) A start-up fund for research
(3) Qualification to supervise graduate students
(4) The university provides short-term lodging and housing subsidies. Applicants recruited can purchase commercial housing offered by the university at a special discount
(5) The university provides assistance with children’s schooling at primary and secondary school levels.
- Important Dates
September 15st, 2022
The application period will be extended appropriately if the number of the applicants for single postition is relatively small.
Results are estimated to be released by the end of December 2022.
- Contact Us
Tel.: +86 (0)25-83686448 (Ms. Wu)
Email: [email protected]