CGTN – Copy Editors for Culture (foreign passport holders)
*This position is based in Beijing and only open to foreign passport holders*
Location: Beijing, China
Full-time: 12-month contract
ABOUT THE JOB
CGTN Culture is seeking two experienced copy editors to join its growing team of dedicated, passionate culture reporters, editors and hosts in Beijing. The ideal candidates should have experience working in a fast-paced environment. She/He should be positive, energetic and committed to the highest standards. She/He should also have the ability to read and edit scripts critically; make edits consistent with the tone of CGTN while prioritizing accuracy and brevity; and spot spelling, punctuation, grammar, and syntax errors.
● Edit existing culture and tourism content for various online platforms
● Polish English content on international and Chinese history, culture and tourism
● Collaborate with hosts, reporters and editors
● Have an interest in international and Chinese culture and tourism
● At least 3+ years of relevant experience in editing and fact-checking at an international or national news agency
● Native-level knowledge of the English language
● An eye for details and ability to produce spotless copy
● Ability to deal with multitask and work as a team player
● BA degree or above.
To apply, send a CV as well as a detailed cover letter with any relevant work samples via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org