Purpose of the Role
The CP Lead Mobility Growth is responsible for managing relationships and interfaces with the Mobility Hong Kong/Macau & China business to provide pro-active strategic procurement and contracts management of all goods and services supplied by third party vendors within the country. In addition to the commercial responsibilities, the role is responsible for ensuring CP processes are efficient and effective in line with CMCP, WOFE & JV policies. This is to support the Greater China Mobility 2030 aspiration in network expansion with 5k sites target and 35k charging position for SCL (WOFE/JVs) & strategic development of 4in1 and network remodeling for Shell Hong Kong and Macau.
The CP Lead Mobility Growth shall ensure the effective, focused & efficient delivery of Procurement Category Strategies and Contract Management across the Hong Kong Strategic & critical categories (Network & 4in1 etc), identify and drive cross region/CoB initiatives, and support growth projects (including Energy Transition project, GFA localization, special projects & etc) for China Mobility. This is expected to provide CP expertise, with strong commercial influence, in the areas of market intelligence analysis, strategy development, cost modelling, deal making, contracting, and post award contract management in.
- COB interfaces: DS Org Level 6 and above (SCL/WOFE & SHK CMTs, Contract holders, contract owners, contract user)
- Function interfaces (CP, HSSE, Finance, legal): Mainly Level 5 or above
- External interface (Suppliers): Senior staff e.g. Chief Executive Office, Chief Operating Office, General Managers, VP and Country Head from vendors and merchants.
- Greater China Commercial accountability:
- Pan CN: 3rd Party Spend (CAPEX + OPEX) of US400 million
- HK/Macau: 3rd Party Spend (CAPEX + OPEX) of ~US60 million
- Responsible for country T&R, Cost Improvement, Cash-In Revenue, Incremental Revenue and Enterprise Value Contributions for strategic category and growth projects under direct responsibility for SHK, SCL/WOFE as well as indirect JV partners.
- Maintain close collaboration, while strictly adhere to Antitrust policy, with JV Partners in identifying biz/market opportunities and right data/info flow.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for Shell HK&CN Mobility which meets the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with suppliers in accordance to the CMCP as an overall E2E process and ‘guidance’, including contract development and record keeping of related documentation.
- Ensure delivery & effective contract management while continuously drive enterprise value contribution, cost improvement, cash-in revenue and incremental revenue targets, as well as to identify new opportunities.
- Be responsible for the development of the strategic categories for HK & Macau projects and growth project’s strategy for CN, sourcing & contract execution, contract management and management of value delivery.
- Maintain sound understanding of the local supply markets in the country, the cost drivers and the major suppliers in HK/Macau & CN.
- Lead the process of ensuring that the appropriate level of post award Contract Management is developed, reviewed and executed for qualifying contracts.
- Ensure contract strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell’s personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Set-up, operate and manage procurement tools like Ariba, GSAP, Local SAP and manage HSSE performance through our HSSE Contractor Accreditation System (where applicable).
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal business partners (Shell HK/Macau and Shell China Mobility Business, including WOFEs) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions.
- Support the CP Manager in communicating with internal Mobility business stakeholders. Ensure that the CP function has one face to the Mobility business.
- Regularly and proactively engage different project teams in HK & CN to understand their plans and requirements and ensure compliance with established procurement & category strategies, policies and procedures.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g. operations, cost, revenue).
- Manage & Support the relationships, commercial negotiations, implementation providing a conduit between Shell and suppliers in the resolution of operational, supplier performance issues & conflicts
- Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization (e.g. CP Ops team, GC CP team, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Mobility Category leads and Marketing, Network Managers and identify cross region, especially CN/HK initiatives.
- Lead or work with CP Leads, Category Managers & Mobility Business in implementing cost reduction initiatives, driving continuous improvements (CI) and local business projects.
- Provide coaching, support and guidance to other team members, including SBO, WOFE CP and JV CPs, to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
- Supporting Mobility business in the country with the intention of improving operational excellence, data management, standardization, business assurances and ensure that all CP activities are fully compliance with DS CMCP, E&C and that all Requisition to Pay KPIs are met.
Supply Chain Intelligence – Skill
Most Competitive Category & Sourcing Strategy – Skill
Deal Making & Negotiations – Skill
Contract Management – Skill
Supplier Account Management – Knowledge
Business Partnering – Skill
Process, Systems and Data Management – Skill