International Assignments Desk (foreign passport holders)
CGTN English Channel
Location: Beijing, China
Position Type: Full Time
Contract Length: 12 Months
We’re recruiting foreigners to join us in our architecturally designed headquarters in Beijing. Beijing is one of the world’s greatest cities, full of rich culture and history, and friendly locals. It’s a great place to live and China is a great country to explore.
Here at CGTN we understand the importance of delivering high caliber news. From our headquarters in Beijing and production centers in Nairobi, Washington DC and London we are committed to covering the world, and our global reach enables us to resource news quickly.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Editors are grammar and style experts with a high standard of editorial judgment, flawless “on demand” writing and a knack for writing TV headlines. Enthused by international affairs and other pressing topics, they identify, develop edit and execute current affairs news packages to ensure that they are error-free, engaging and world-class.
Everything they do contributes to the efficient operation of the assignment desk and ultimately the news we put out. They oversee current affairs coverage, future indexes and contribute to the online service and make our stories come alive for our audiences.
They are the glue that brings everything together, working across the satellites and with our foreign correspondents from around the world they have a strong grasp of international affairs and international newsgathering.
- You can point to previous work experience on an International Assignments desk
- You are experienced in“on demand” journalism and are knowledgeable on all aspects of today’s Asia
- You are likely to have come from a production background
- You are passionate about news and have a strong grasp of international affairs
- As a voracious reader, you have a passion for grammar, words, and the order of words
- In past roles you have provided balanced and objective editorial judgment based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines, journalism ethics, target audience, and channel objectives
YOU ALSO NEED TO HAVE
- A bachelor’s degree and at least two years relevant work experience to obtain a Visa
- Worked in a media organization (preferably network or cable news)
- Exceptional written and oral English communication skills
Apply now with a current CV and tell us how you fit the above.
*This role is for foreign passport holders and application priority will be given to foreign passport holders who currently reside in China.