DEPARTMENT: HeXie Management Research Centre
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Management, Sociology, Pedagogy, Economics, Humanities
POSITION TITLE: Lecturer, 1 position
LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS
SALARY: Salary is based on experience and qualification.
Lecturer: 24,076 – 29,759RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 29,759RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: 27th October, 2021
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 31th May 2022, however hiring will continue until the positions are filled.
JOB ID: 2387
CONTRACT TYPE: full-time, 3-year contract (renewable) and 3rd contract is open-ended
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
HeXie Management Research Centre (HeXie Centre), founded in 2019, is a comprehensive research centre that offers multidisciplinary insights for the academy, teaching and training in management, education, sociology, aiming to contribute to the better development of human society. HeXie Centre is committed to inspiring, nurturing imagination and creativity, spurring leading and original innovation, making pioneering contributions to management theory and the new era development of China, through integrating eastern and western wisdom, combining history and future, bridging the gap between theory and practice.
Under the leadership of Professor Xi, director of the HeXie Centre, a high-level research team including professors, lecturers, experts and part-time researchers, collaborate on the research, teaching, and social services. The Centre is the Innovation Platform of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University. HeXie Centre consists of an academic network, the research community, research & development fund, and operation department. Researchers are self-organising to form research teams or community. The operation department provides support and service for the HeXie Centre. Recently, HeXie Centre established a branch—HeXie Academy (GBA) in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
The HeXie Management Research Centre is organising a series of brand activities. These include HeXie Management Forum, HeXie Management Industry Entrepreneur Programme (HeXie-IEP), Certificate in Industry and Enterprise Tailored Education (CIETE, a pilot programme for the Syntegrative Education, SE), HeXie Management Student Inspiring Lab (HeXie-SIL) and the Alliance for Innovation Ecosystem of HeXie Management and Industrial Internet (HeXie-AIE).
The key research topics of HeXie Centre are as follows:
- Deepening HeXie Management Theory based on philosophical reflection, integration of eastern and western wisdom, historical perspective, conceptual development of HeXie Mindset, and HeXie Management in ecosystem management, etc;
- Exploring and conceptualising the management practices of ecosystem-based organisations based on HeXie Management Theory, topics include reshaping the conceptual foundation and theoretical frameworks of organisational evolution, strategic transformation, social governance, leadership, business models. Further advances the studies related to HeXie Management through the dialogues with influential academic contributions from China and abroad;
- Under the context of new technology, to conduct research on social concerns such as strategic transformation and upgrading (i.e. green economy and digital transformation of organisations), and specific topics within the fields of strategic management, organisational evolution, and leadership research, etc;
- The application of HeXie Management Theory in managing ecosystem-based organisations and systems with a focus on improving the performance and ecological dividend of such organisations and systems.
- The applications of HeXie Management Theory and case studies in specific managerial topics such as Industrial Internet, agriculture, large-scale engineering projects, as well as development zone (high-tech zone), and industrial park level innovation ecosystem construction and evolution mechanism. Our goal is to develop easy-to-use management tools and techniques to refine management practices and directly serve the society.
For this application we welcome applications for Lecturer level positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The full time Lecturer will have 40% of their workload in teaching and social service, and 60% in research. All research should be directed by the vision and mission of the Centre toward the objectives of the Centre’s development by stages. Also, valuable alternative research that would serve the vision and mission of the Centre would also be encouraged.
Academic research is one of the key activities in HeXie Centre. The main research achievements or academic responsibilities include:
- Think Tank research reports
- policy proposals
- current affairs reviews
- academic papers
- project reports
- teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- business case development
- supervision of junior researchers
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- being able to have international academic influence in relevant research fields such as management, humanities, economics, sociology, and philosophy;
- being able to apply knowledge in doing research for the HeXie Centre and develop research potential using accumulated experience from doctoral studies;
- being able to submit working papers or research reports to HeXie Centre;
- being able to produce influential research paper or research outcomes in the research field;
- being able to prepare and deliver lectures and seminars, conduct tutorials, practical sessions, workshops and student field excursions in both undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes;
- being able to support various activities designed for students, professionals, and scholars;
- being able to prepare individual and group research proposal submissions to internal and external funding bodies;
- being able to supervise or co-supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects within the field of expertise;
- being able to attend at departmental, school and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committees.
Preference will be given to applicants who have shown outstanding promise in research and teaching. It is important to note that a successful applicant must be able to teach in English as XJTLU’s working and instructional language is English.
- PhD degree or being in the process of completing in relevant research fields such as management, humanities, economics, sociology, and philosophy;
- Experiences in conducting high-quality academic research, track record of refereed research publications would be highly regarded;
- Experiences in curriculum and subject material development;
- Candidates with experience in family business governance and succession, asset and wealth management, digital transformation and innovation ecosystem are preferred;
- Ability to mentor and provide research guidance to junior researchers;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Ambition in academic research pursuit;
- Work well independently and collaboratively with colleagues, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail, able to priorities tasks and meet multiple deadlines;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative;
- Experience or qualifications in teaching in a tertiary environment is an asset;
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s educational and medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is also provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “exemption”, depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised that applicants over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please use the following link to submit your application.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact details for 3 referees
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above. Informal enquiries about the positions and the department may be addressed to the Head of Department, Dr. Liu (Email: Peng.Liu@xjtlu.edu.cn). Other informal enquiries may be addressed to the Recruiting Team at Mengyi.Wang@xjtlu.edu.cn Please quote the position and job ID (2387) in your enquiry.