News Editor at CGTN Commentary Programming Department
Location: Beijing, China
Minimum Commitment: 12 months
*This position is only open to foreign passport holders*
About the Job
CGTN is seeking experienced news editors to join its growing team of dedicated, passionate reporters, editors and hosts in Beijing. The ideal candidates should have experience working in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality. You should be positive, energetic and committed to the highest standards. You should also have the ability to read and edit scripts critically; make edits consistent with the tone of CGTN while prioritizing accuracy and brevity; and spot spelling, punctuation, grammar, and syntax errors.
• Responsible for general news, culture, business, sports or commentary programs’ topic selection, scripts and links writing, editing and copy editing, etc.;
• Summarizing subtitles and others when required during live shows;
• Writing interview outlines and others when required;
• Writing news headlines, promos when required;
• Voicing-over news stories, trailers and others when required;
• Editing/copy-editing commentary contents for various new media platforms, including but not limited to CGTN official website, commentary programs’ social media platform accounts, such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, etc.;
• Complete other duties assigned by superiors, including giving or receiving training sessions and working writing or planning shifts.
• At least 3+ years of relevant experience in editing and fact-checking at an international or national news agency;
• Native-level knowledge of the English language;
• An eye for detail and ability to produce spotless copy;
• Ability to multitask and work as a team player;
• Solid experience in both TV and digital platforms;
• BA degree or above.