About the School of Foreign Studies, Nanjing University
The School of Foreign Studies of Nanjing University (SFS) is one of the oldest foreign language schools in China. Over the decades, it has distinguished itself in teaching, academic research and cooperation with overseas institutions. Consisted of seven language departments, i.e., English, French, Russian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Korean, the School offers a full range of degree programs as well as postdoctoral programs in foreign languages and literatures. SFS boasts faculty of extraordinary excellence, among whom 80 % are doctorate holders and 60 % professors and associate professors. Currently the School sees a total enrollment of nearly 700 undergraduates and over 600 MA and PhD students. Having established partnerships with dozens of world-renowned universities in the United Kingdom, the United States, Russia, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Japan, South Korea and elsewhere, SFS takes pride in hosting and participating in a variety of international projects which helps spread the school’s influence worldwide.
A vacancy for full-time German language teacher is now open to qualified candidates all over the world. The vacancy can be applied for at levels of lectureship, associate professorship or full professorship.
- 1)The Applicant should observe Chinese laws and regulations, and demonstrate a passion for teaching and research.
- 2)The Applicant should maintain a high standard of academic and work ethics without any punishment record for violating teaching and academic ethics. Proofs of police clearance are required.
- 3)The Applicant must be native speaker of German with a PhD degree in literature, linguistics, or other specialties related to humanities or social sciences. Preference will be given to those whose research experience connects with the major areas of academic interest in German language and culture, German literature, and German studies.
- 4)The Applicant should have a good command of pedagogic skills and a flair for oral communication, and is capable of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses with competence.
- 5)The Applicant should have teaching experience in college or language schools either in China or abroad with proven excellent pedagogical skills. Special consideration will be given to holders of assistant, associate and full professorship in overseas universities.
- 6) In general, the applicant should be under 50 years of age at the time of application (born after January 1st, 1973). However, the age limit will be subject to adjustment for exceptionally excellent applicants.
3. Application Materials
- 1) cover letter (Applied position and its level must be specified.)
- 2) detailed resume (publication list included)
- 3) proof of teaching experience
- 4) work plan
- 5) two reference letters
- 6) selected academic works (e.g. one to three journal articles)
4. Salary and Benefits
- 1) Remuneration is conditioned by different levels of the offered position. E.g. The salary of lectureship is about 120,000-180,000 yuan/year (variable depending on prior teaching experience).
- 2) On-campus temporary housing available in accordance with university regulations.
- 3) Social insurance and housing fund will be provided in accordance with laws and regulations in China.
5. Deadline for Application
6. Contact Person: