China, Shanghai SCIP, Adhesive Technologies
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you’re up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Develop innovative products in component assembly technology
- Leads a team of chemists and technicians. Provides guidance to team regarding new approaches, solutions, processes, products within an agreed timeframe. Develops team members regarding leadership and technical capabilities
- To lead new technolog research, covering low temperature fast cure, UV/heat and UV/moisture dual cure for component assembly application
- Launch new technical solutions to key customers and market
- Develop strong IP position and technical roadmap for component assembly technology
- Ensures compliance with corporate SHE standards, policies and procedures
- Manages and steers product development projects; Develops new products to meet customer requirements within an agreed timeline
- Manage component assembly PD team; Organizes and manages PD resources to meet planned objectives, reports on R&D activities
- Assures technology state of the art through internal development of laboratory and staff
- Provides technical support to other functions as required from PD position
- Ensures compliance with Henkel corporate SHE standards, policies and procedures and manages the lab and innovation process
- Ensures that Henkel’s new IP is protected through patent filed or black box implementation
Accountabilities (Time in %)
- New Product and solution development, account for lab development to production launch 55%
- Lead and develop team 20%
- Research innovation technologies, Market & Customer Engagement and support 15%
- Various knowledge and knowhow summary and sharing, via leverage key digital tools and platform 5%
- SHE and compliance 5%
- Education background: Master degree and above, prefer Ph.D
- Education background: Major in organic chemistry, polymer, material science
Skills and Experience Desired
- Work experience: master + 10 year experience, doctor + 8 year experience;
- Work experience: experience of UV dual cure material development is preferred, expertise of epoxy and acrylate technology is preferred too.
- Work experience: people management experience in technical team preferred.
- Strong data analysis skill is required.
- Fluent English in both speaking and writing
What the Role Can Offer You
- Work in business organization with very strong growth and investment momentum
- Very collaborative local and global team
- Amazing culture with result oriented
- Systematic onboarding program and training platforms to enhance technical and business knowhow.
- Participate and drive technical development in different markets segments and applications
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.