We are expecting to widely gather talents from all over the world. On the journey of the new century, Tsinghua University sincerely invites outstanding academic talents to join us and step forward to the center of the world stage.
Let us make history and write a glorious chapter together. As a flag of Chinese higher education, Tsinghua University is implementing the core strategy of strengthening the university through talent with unprecedented determination and confidence, and accelerating the development of the university into a world leader in talent and innovation.
Standing at the new historical starting point, Tsinghua SPPM has set the goal of ranking among the world’s first-class public administration schools by 2030 and ranking among the world’s top public administration schools by 2050.
We look forward to your participation to jointly strive for achieving this great goal!
The recruitment targets mainly distinguished and outstanding scholars. We plan to recruit prominent academics with remarkable scholarly records to join Tsinghua as tenured professors, as well as tenure-track assistant and associate professors.
Priority directions: 1.Public Management and Policy (including Public Administrative, Public Policy, Emergency Management, etc.) 2. State Governance and Global Governance (including Urban and Rural Public Governance, Digital Governance, etc.)
Number of Positions: 5
Meantime, we also welcome scholars to come as Senior Visiting Professors, specially set up to invite those with outstanding academic achievement to visit Tsinghua for teaching and research.
– Record of internationally-recognized achievement in his/her field, original academic contributions, and demonstrable outstanding academic leadership;
– Full professors at universities in China or abroad, or with equivalent appointment standards, or with equivalent positions or levels at research institutions in China and abroad.
– Age is generally not more than 55 years old.
Professor (especially world-renowned scholars can be awarded Chair Professor in Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences)
– Outstanding record of original achievements in his/her field, demonstrable strong academic leadership, and great potential to top his/her field in the near future;
– Tenured professors or associate professors at universities in China or abroad, or with equivalent appointment standards, or with equivalent positions or levels at research institutions in China and abroad.
Positions Offered:Professor or Tenured Associate Professor
Senior Visiting Professors
– Professors and associate professors at universities worldwide with international reputation, or with equivalent appointment standards, or with equivalent positions or levels at research institutions in China and abroad;
– Fits with the development plan of the host department/school and has a clear visiting plan.
Positions Offered: Senior Visiting Professor or Associate Professor
2.Salaries and Benefits
Apart from internationally competitive salaries, Tsinghua offers a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to:
– Sufficient start-up research fund (on demand for distinguished scholars);
– University staff quarters for distinguished and outstanding scholars; Visiting apartments on campus for visiting professors;
– Independent office space and academic assistants;
– Medicare, social insurance, and children’s schooling on campus;
– Professional development counseling service.
– Academic self-assessment;
– 5 representative academic outputs;
– 3 letters of reference (if applicable).
4.Review of Applications
– Deadline for the first round of applications: September 30, 2022
– Follow-up rounds will be announced in the future.
– Office of Human Resources
([email protected]; Ms. Chen 86-10-62771482, or Mr. Sun 86-10-62783118)
–Office of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Administration
([email protected]; Ms. Shi 86-10-62773090, or Ms. Liu 86-10-62773090)
School of Public & Policy Management
For more information, please visit: http://jobs.tsinghua.edu.cn/project/qhdx/pages/recruit_new/?FM_SYS_ID=qhdx#/